Billing and reimbursement
Check to see if the insurance providers you accept cover reimbursement for any telehealth services. Most insurance providers cover at least some form of telehealth service.
Medicaid and Medicare
Medicaid covers some telehealth services, but coverage differs from state to state. Medicare provides coverage for telehealth under certain conditions, some of which are temporarily different during the COVID-19 pandemic.
To find out more about billing and reimbursement see:
- Booklet on Telehealth Services and Medicare
- Medicare Coverage and Payment of Virtual Services
- Interactive policy map of state laws and reimbursement policies — includes Medicaid-related policies
- COVID-19 Telehealth Coverage Policies for Medicare
- COVID-19 Related State Actions
- Medicare Telemedicine Health Care Provider Fact Sheet