Announcing the availability of telehealth services
Promoting telehealth helps build awareness about how patients can easily access the care and services you provide. It's also an opportunity to remind patients not to put off routine and preventative care appointments.
Once you’re ready to let your patients know that you offer telehealth, you’ll want to communicate this in multiple ways. Promoting telehealth helps increase visibility of your services and educates patients about their options for accessing care.
You may consider:
- Updating your website
- Sending an email to patients
- Mailing a letter or postcard
- Sharing information via social media
- Announcing services in local newspapers and radio
- Placing brochures or handouts in your waiting room
- Publicizing to local community groups
For details on creating a marketing plan:
- Marketing Telehealth — from the Northwest Regional Telehealth Resource Center
- Marketing Considerations for Telehealth Programs — from the Rural Health Information Hub