Best practice guides
Telehealth for school-based services
More health care services for school-based telehealth
- Schools can provide care for chronic health problems such as asthma.
- Schools can provide annual screening for eyesight, hearing, and other assessments.
- Parents or guardians have been responsible for following up on the results of this testing. School-based telehealth can reduce this burden on the parents or guardians.
- Schools can provide expanded telehealth-based speech and occupational therapy to students.
- These programs can be expanded to include additional doctors or other specialists such as therapists that are not available in the school or community.
- Schools can provide healthy living programs for students such as healthy eating, activity, and weight programs.
Last updated: August 27, 2021